How to Apply
Residency Program Home
Residency Programs at Mountainside
Obtain your residency training at a hospital known for its comprehensive continuum of care to local communities, as well as:
- One of the best-equipped gastrointestinal suites in the tri-state area
- One of five NJ hospitals approved to provide emergency angioplasty in a community hospital setting
- Clinical affiliation with the University of Medicine and Dentistry-New Jersey Medical School
- Fully equipped, newly remodeled emergency department
- Extensive radiological services including MRI and PET/CT scanner
- New Cancer Center offering multi-disciplinary services
- New Sleep Center
- Click here to learn more about Mountainside
Train in any of the following areas:
Best of all, you can take advantage of all the benefits of living less than 15 miles from Manhattan. The hospital is located in Montclair, NJ — a charming suburban family-centered town with outstanding school systems. The area is considered a haven for artists and writers.
Common residency interview questions.
- Frank A. Assmann Health Sciences Library: Combined collection of over 4,600 texts and over 10,000 journal volumes and receives subscriptions to more than 270 periodicals. The Assmann Library also provides interlibrary loans, computer online bibliographic searches, literature attached to charts (LATCH), telefaxing capability and copying services. In addition, the library provides access to more than 20 online databases, many with full-text access, Harrison's Online and MD Consult, all available through the hospital's intranet or by remote dial-up. You also have access to all other Atlantic Health System libraries.
- Conferences: Attend lectures, grand rounds, presentations and departmental and interdepartmental conferences.
- Electives: Take advantage of numerous electives and office preceptorships.
- Housing options: Housing is conveniently located within walking distance to Mountainside.
- On-site child care at Small Wonders Day Care Center.