Mountainside Hospital provides the community with a range of services, all delivered with compassionate care.
Mountainside Hospital is one of five New Jersey hospitals approved to provide emergency angioplasty in a community hospital setting. We are home to a school of nursing, the comprehensive Cancer Center, the Congestive Heart Failure Center, the Chronic Renal Dialysis Center and the Richard F. Harries Ambulatory Care Pavilion. We are also known for our comprehensive gastroenterology and psychiatric services.
Mountainside Hospital is a clinical affiliate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-New Jersey Medical School. We are also a partner with The Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
Mountainside Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO).
- 365 beds
- Modern, 17,000 square foot Emergency Department, including specialized services for pediatric emergencies
- Adult outpatient Cancer Center, offering compassionate care, close to home
- On-campus School of Nursing
- Outpatient Rehabiliation Services - Speech Therapy, Audiology, and Physical Therapy
- Dental Clinic
- Bariatric Surgery Program (nationally-recognized as a Center of Excellence)
- Rehabilitation Services for adults and children including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy provided at the Hospital and at Verona
- Melanoma Center
- One of the best-equipped Gastrointestinal Suites in the tri-state area
- Comprehensive Behavioral Health Programs
- Cardiac Catheterization and Emergency Angioplasty Service
- Heart Failure Center
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Critical Decision/Chest Pain Center
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Developmental Disabilities Center
- Diagnostic Radiology, Dialysis and Radiation Oncology including a state-of-the-art PET/CT Scanner
- Neonatal Intermediate Care
- 24/7 Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists for high-risk pregnancies
- One of the highest rated Orthopedic Programs, featuring total knee and hip replacements
- Pain Management
- Bloodless Medicine and Surgery
- Transitional Care Unit: The TCU is one of only 6 in the state and services patients from Mountainside Hospital and Hospitals in surrounding counties. Our deficiency free unit specializes in short term rehabilitation and over 85% of the patients return home.
- Women's Health Center
- Mountainside Family Practice Associates
- Wound Care Center
- Health Sciences Library (open to the public)